What can BFET do for me?
- Help you navigate the DSHS Basic Food Assistance process, including applying for assistance and maintaining benefit status
- Provide funds for tuition, fees and textbooks
- Access DSHS childcare assistance
- Academic advising
- Career guidance
- Other financial support
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible for the BFET Grant if you:
- Are eligible to receive Basic Food Assistance (regardless of whether you are currently receiving assistance or not)
- Are enrolled in a GED, High School or English Language Acquisition course
- Are enrolled in any Certificate, AAS or AA degree pathway
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.