Bringing Children/Youth to CBC
Whether you are a CBC employee or a non-CBC organization planning to host an event for youth (persons under the age of 18 years, and not CBC students), a parent bringing your child to campus, or an employee who interacts with youth in CBC Youth Programs, this website is a resource to help you understand your role and responsibilities in the protection of youth on campus.
Youth are welcome to visit the campus so long as such visits are not disruptive to the educational and work environment, and are compatible with the mission of the College.
Youth under the age of 13 must be directly and fully supervised at all times by their parent/guardian or accompanying adult while on campus. The College does not supervise youth outside of officially sanctioned programs, and neither the College nor its employees or students may accept responsibility to do so on behalf of the College
All visitors are required to adhere to CBC policies, rules and regulations.
CBC Youth Programs
CBC is committed to creating a safe environment for Youth who participate in Youth Programs, activities or events. The Youth Programs Policy has been implemented to promote appropriate interactions with Youth and facilitate caring connections to inspire and educate through positive experiences in Youth Programs. The following resources are intended to support and equip students, faculty, staff and volunteers who serve in Youth Programs with the knowledge to:
- Employ strategies to plan a safe Youth Program;
- Recognize the different types and signs of prohibited conduct; and
- Properly respond to incidents involving Youth and/or report known or suspected prohibited conduct or child abuse in Youth Programs.
To Request Training
*Required for CBC Youth Program Personnel.
Contact Human Resources at hrclerkFREECOLUMBIA_BASIN or 509-542-4740 to request assignment of the Promoting Safe Interactions with Youth Canvas course.
If you Suspect Abuse or Neglect
In case of any emergency, dial 911 immediately. In addition, you must:
- Call the Region 2 toll-free, 24-hour hotline for reporting child abuse and neglect in Washington State: 855-420-5888. Visit Department of Children, Youth & Families for more information.
- Call the CBC Security Office: 509-542-4819
All Youth Programs
CBC Employee Resources