Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Last updated October 2021.
Acceptance of Terms: These Website Terms and Conditions of Use, as updated from time to time by Columbia Basin College, apply to this website which is published by Columbia Basin College (“website”). You should carefully read these Website Terms and Conditions of Use before using the website. The most current version of the Website Terms and Conditions of Use will always be available on this page. This is a legally binding agreement. If you do not agree with these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, you are not authorized to use this website.
The use of your personally identifying and non-personal information will be governed by the Online Privacy Statement. Your use of this website indicates that you have read and agree to the Online Privacy Statement.
You are responsible for your behavior in your use of this website and for respecting Columbia Basin College’s and third parties’ (person or entity) rights in connection with the website and its content.
- You may not use this website for any purpose or in any manner that violates any local, state or federal law or regulation or the law or regulation of any foreign government.
- You may not violate Columbia Basin College’s or third parties’ rights via downloading, emailing, transmitting or otherwise using this website.
- You may not use this website to post or send any infringing, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene or pornographic material.
- You may not use or exploit any portion of this website to distribute commercial messages, “spam,” or other unsolicited communications.
- You may not directly or indirectly, intentionally disrupt or interfere with this website in any manner that may materially adversely affect the College or any third party.
- You may not take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Columbia Basin College’s network infrastructure, as determined by Columbia Basin College in its sole discretion.
- You may not bypass any measures Columbia Basin College may use to prevent or restrict access to this website.
This website and its contents are owned by Columbia Basin College or third parties and are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law. Certain content, such as copyrighted materials and trademarks, are used by permission of third parties. Except as allowed by law (such as fair use) or as expressly permitted in connection with specific content, this website and its contents may not be reproduced, modified, distributed, displayed, performed or used in any way without the prior written permission of Columbia Basin College or the third-party owner.
This site contains text, artwork, photos or other content that is copyrighted by others and is being used with permission of the copyright holder. Therefore, we recommend that you contact our Webmaster for permission to use any content contained on this site.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) was passed in 1998 in response to the growing piracy of digitally-transported copyright materials such as music and movies. Federal penalties for infringing copyright, even for first time offenders, can be severe and include large fines. Columbia Basin College will respond to allegations of copyright violations in accordance with the DMCA, which provides a process for a copyright owner to give notification concerning an alleged copyright infringement. When a valid DMCA notification is received, the alleged copyright infringement will be evaluated.
Notification of Claimed Infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If any owners of copyrights believe CBC's users are infringing copyright protected work, they may send a notice to CBC's designated agent at:
Technology Services Director
Columbia Basin College
2600 N. 20th Avenue – Mailstop T3
Pasco, WA 99301
Please note: Notification of claimed infringement must contain the information required by and otherwise comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title II, Section 512(c).
The Internet is a valuable tool for Columbia Basin College’s education, research, patient care, or service areas. Columbia Basin College encourages you to be mindful of the intent and purpose of its websites and be responsible for safeguarding your personally identifiable information.
If under the age of 18: Some internet sites may ask you to share information about yourself. Before sending any information about yourself over the Internet to Columbia Basin College, be sure to ask your parents for permission.
If under the age of 13: If you are under the age of 13, your parent/legal guardian will need to verify that they permit you to disclose personally identifiable information via the respective College website.
- Parents/Legal Guardians. Columbia Basin College encourages you take an active role in your children’s use
of the Internet by talking with them about safe and responsible computing before sending
any information about themselves over the Internet.
Children Under the Age of 13: If your child is under the age of 13, Columbia Basin College requests that you review the website and follow requested verification procedures before permitting your child to submit personally identifiable information.
Columbia Basin College may block, suspend, or terminate your use of the website at any time for any reason. Reasons Columbia Basin College might do so include, but are not limited to, the following:
- your breach of this agreement;
- Columbia Basin College is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or
- Columbia Basin College believes that your actions could cause financial loss or legal liability to Columbia Basin College or other users of this website;
- routine network maintenance affecting all users; or
- your use of this website or service in a manner that violates the law or Columbia Basin College policies.
If you have questions about these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, you should contact the Columbia Basin College education, research, patient care or service area (internal or external to Columbia Basin College) which publishes the website. Many web pages will have a contact link.