WA State Conditions of Award
The State of Washington is offering you financial assistance to help support your
education expenses. To receive more information about financial aid, scholarships,
work study and student loans please visit Washington Student Achievement Council website.
By accepting state financial aid, you agree to the conditions listed below. If you
have questions or find you cannot comply with these conditions, please contact us
1. You must meet the requirements for Washington State residency.
2. You do not owe a repayment to any federal or state grant or scholarship nor are
you in default on a state or federal student loan.
3. You must be enrolled in an eligible program and not pursuing a degree in theology.
4. If you hold a bachelor's degree or the foreign equivalent you are not eligible
to receive state grant funds.
5. If you do not attend or if you withdraw from your classes, you may owe a repayment
of all or part of any state funds you have received.
6. You must maintain the academic progress standards established by your institution
in order to receive additional state aid.
7. There could be other circumstances that would require a repayment or reduction
in your current award amounts.
8. You must meet all eligibility requirements for the state aid program(s) awarded.
9. The offer of this financial assistance is subject to, and conditioned upon, the
availability of funds. Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) and Columbia
Basin College reserve the right to withdraw, reduce, or modify the awards due to funding
limitations or due to changes in circumstances which affect your eligibility for the
10. If I fail to cash my check containing state funds or pickup any remaining funds
by the close of the academic year, the funds shall be returned to the program at WSAC
and treated as funds declined by me.
You may choose to voluntarily make financial contributions to WSAC in recognition
of the assistance that you received. All voluntary contributions will be used to provide
financial assistance to other students. For more information please contact email@example.com.
You may be eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and can
apply for benefits through the Washington Connection online portal or in-person at a local Department of Social and Health Services office. You can
also receive assistance in applying and be connected to additional resources by contacting
our Basic Food Employment & Training (BFET) Office at CBC at 509-542-4575.