We strive to make access to the SRC and Fitness Center as convenient as possible. In order to facilitate your use of our facilities, please make sure to:
- Get your CBC ID card with current quarter sticker (ID card is needed for access)
- Complete the Awknowledgement of Risk and Release of Liability waiver (available at
Fitness Center front desk)
- If you're under the age of 18, parent/guardian signature required. Please email%20us for a copy of the waiver.
- Review the Fitness Center Policies
What the SRC has to offer
Spread out over two floors, the Fitness Center is one of the busiest places you’ll find on campus! Available for use by CBC current students, employees, and community members, our Fitness Center offers just about everything you’ll need to attain your fitness goals.
- After checking in with your CBC ID card at the front desk on the first floor, you’ll be able to access to both floors of the FC, the MAC Gym, Practice Gym, both Multi-Purpose rooms, and the locker rooms. On the first floor of the FC, you’ll find all the free weights, including four half racks with custom platforms, dumbbells, adjustable bench press, plate-loaded machines, HIIT cardio equipment and more! Also, the space features a multi-functional Torque rack and multi-use jungle gym cable machine.
- On the second floor of the FC, you’ll find all our cardio equipment, including treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals, StairMaster and more! You’ll find our selectorized circuit series and core/stretching area. The second floor also features five TV’s with cable.
Fitness Center - Fall quarter hours
Monday to Thursday: 7:30 am to 7 pm
Friday: 7:30 am to 3 pm
Saturday: 8 am to noon
The MAC (Multi Activity Court) Gym is a specialized polyurethane court, designed to accommodate a wide variety of activities like basketball, volleyball, pickleball, indoor soccer/futsal and much more! This space will be the primary Student Recreation court, and will host the majority of Rec & Wellness sponsored events and activities like intramural leagues, drop-in activities, tournaments and special events. When not in use for a specific organized student activity, the MAC Gym will remain available for open student use.
- The MAC Gym is only accessed through the Fitness Center and students, employees and other members are required to sign in prior to accessing the space.
The Practice Gym is a traditional hardwood gym floor, designed to be used for basketball and volleyball activities. This court will be used by CBC’s athletic teams as a secondary practice space and for special events hosted by CBC athletics. However, when the court is not in use for practices, it will remain open for student use. All reserved times will be shown on the schedule located outside the entrance to the court (from the Fitness Center)
- The court can be accessed through the Fitness Center (the access point through hallway will remained locked during operation hours) and users must sign in at the front desk prior to accessing the court.
Located on the east end of the FC first floor, this is a fitness studio space designed for high intensity and high impact type training. The space is equipped with a custom built, multi-functional Torque rack with accessories like kettlebells, bands and medicine balls. This space also features a heavy bag for boxing workouts.
This space will be the primary room used for CBC’s Exercise Science/Physical Ed courses. However, when not in use for a class or reserved other activities, this space will be open for students and SRC member use.
Located at the east end of the FC second floor, you’ll find the multi purpose fitness studio room designed for group fitness activities such as yoga, Pilates, aerobics, dance and more! This space, with mirrors covering two of the walls and full windows on the other two walls, provides a bright, inviting space for our students and members.
This space will also be utilized by our Exercise Science/Physical Ed courses, such as yoga, as well as some recreational group fitness offerings. As with the first floor multi purpose room, when not in use by a class or other scheduled activity, this space will remain available for open for use.
Located on the 2nd floor of the SRC, adjoining to the Fitness Center, you’ll find our esports arena! The state of art space is outfitted with 14 PC gaming stations, 5 big screen TV’s with a variety of console gaming systems and custom LED lighting to provide the best experience for our gamers.
This room will be primarily used by the CBC esports team, but will be open for general students to use for recreational gaming during available times.
Esports Arena Student Recreational use -fall quarter hours:
Monday-Thursday: 9:30 am to 2 pm
Located within the Fitness Center, you’ll find the general use locker rooms and changing rooms, along with day use lockers. These rooms are designed for individual, single use (one person at a time). On one side of the hallway, you’ll find changing rooms, and on the other side you’ll find bathrooms with showers.
Just outside these rooms are plenty of lockers for you to store your items while working out in the facility. However, please be sure to take your items each day as these lockers are for day use only. Locks are not provided, so please make sure to bring your own.
The Competition Court space, located on the west side of the building, is the primary gym used by our indoor athletic teams (volleyball and basketball). With bleacher and stadium seating for over 1000 spectators, this amazing space will be the home for Hawks athletics for years to come. The main game court (Holden Court) runs east/west, but when the bleachers are in, you can have two full courts running north/south with a drop-down curtain to separate the two courts.
This space is reserved daily for use by our athletic teams and not open to general student/community use. However, we look forward to holding some larger scale campus events and activities in the space. The court has a floor protection cover that can be put down so the space can be used for larger scale events without the worry of damaging the court flooring.
Located throughout the SRC, you’ll find some common space, lobby areas with tables and seating open for students to use to study, hang out and interact with friends or grab a quick bite. You’ll also find the SRC Pepsi micro market, where you can pick up a variety of different drinks and snacks.
Also out in the common areas, you might find an exciting game of ping pong or competitive match of Hoop Shot going on. We have two ping pong tables that will be set up out in the lobby areas for student use while we’re open.
Equipment Available to check out
- Futsal Balls
- Pickleball Paddles/balls
Game sets (mainly for outdoor use but could be used in MAC Gym with prior approval)
- Ladder Toss
- Slam-o (Spikeball)
- Disc Slam
- Disc Golf
To check out equipment, please visit the Front Desk of the Fitness Center. You will be required to leave you CBC ID card or another form of ID in order to check out equipment.