Veteran Tuition Waiver
Eligible Veterans and National Guard members may receive a 25% reduction in tuition
while attending CBC. A copy of the eligible veteran's DD-214 (member 4) is required
to verify benefit status. Documents can be submitted to the V.E.T.S. Center.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a Washington State resident (per RCW 28B.15.013)
- Are an Active or reserve member of military or naval forces, or a National Guard member
called to active duty
- Served in active federal duty under either Title 10 or Title 32 of the U.S. Code
- Served in a war or conflict fought on foreign soil or in international waters, or
served in support of those that were (serving on foreign soil or in international
- Were discharged and received honorable discharge, or any other discharge if the sole
reason is due to gender or sexuality.
Veteran Spouse and Child Tuition Waiver
CBC shall waive all tuition and fees for a child, spouse or domestic partner of an
eligible Veteran or National Guard member who:
- Became totally and permanently disabled (determined by the VA at 100%) as a result
of active federal military or naval service
- Is determined by the federal government to be a prisoner of war (POW) or missing in
- Lost his/her life as a result of active federal military or naval service
- If discharged from service, has received an honorable discharge or any other discharge
if the sole reason for discharge is due to gender or sexuality
As a dependent of an eligible Veteran, you may be eligible if you:
- Are a Washington state resident (per RCW 28B.15.013)
- Have credits remaining from use of this waiver that are within the 250 quarter credit
limit, or the equivalent of semester credits
- Are the child of the eligible veteran that is age 17 to 25
- Are the spouse of the eligible veteran and have not remarried or registered in a subsequent
- Are the spouse of the eligible veteran and are within the 10 year time frame
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon Program program allows CBC to partner with the VA to fund tuition
and fee expenses that exceed the tuition and fee amounts payable under the Post-9/11
You can benefit from the Yellow Ribbon Program if:
- Your charges exceed the tuition and fee amounts payable under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®
and you are enrolled at a participating school, additional funds may be available
to you. CBC will determine the amount you are eligible for and the VA will match that
- You are an out of state student or attending a private school. You may be eligible
to receive additional funds to help cover unmet costs.
To see the current national cap, please visit the GI Bill® website.
Yellow Ribbon Form
Other Important Forms
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official
U.S. government website.