Transfer of Credit

CBC hawk on Pasco campus
Apply to CBC

Haven't submitted your application yet?

Apply now!

Have you attended another college or university?

Columbia Basin College accepts successfully completed coursework from regionally accredited institutions via official transcripts. If you've attended another college or university, we are happy to evaluate your transcripts and transfer in eligible courses.

If you're only planning to attend CBC for one quarter, there's no need to have your credits transfered. Unofficial transcripts can be used for registration purposes.

CBC also accepts credentials from foreign countries. If you've attended a college or university in a foreign country, we are happy to evaluate your transcripts and transfer in eligible courses. If your transcripts are in a language other than English, we will need them to be translated into English and evaluated on a course-by-course basis by a NACES member certified translation agency.


Transfer of credit process

  • 1. Apply for admission or reactivate your account

    If you have never attended CBC before, you'll want to apply to the college. If you are a returning student, please visit the returning student page to reapply or reactivate your account.

  • 2. Send in all transcripts from previously attended schools

    CBC requires that official transcripts from all previously attended regionally accredited institutions are received before beginning your evaluation. Transcripts are evaluated in the order in which we receive them and according to your start date. Transcripts will be considered official if they are:
    • In a sealed envelope sent directly from the institution.
    • Sent electronically through our Washington State Student Management System directly from the institution.
    • Sent electronically through an authorized online service provider directly from the institution.
  • 3. Receive your course-by-course evaluation

    Your transcripts will be reviewed and a course-by-course evaluation will be sent to your CBC email address and home address. If you need to create a CBC email, you can do so through Getting Started. If you need to update the address in your student account, you can do so through MyCBC.

    If you have any questions regarding the evaluation of your credits, please make an appointment with Counseling and Advising.

Where do I send my transcripts?

Physical copies can be sent to:

Columbia Basin College
Attn: Student Records, MS-H4
2600 N. 20th Ave.
Pasco, WA 99301

Electronic transcripts sent directly from the college or authorized service provider can be sent to: transcriptsFREECOLUMBIA_BASIN.



H building on the Pasco campus