Project Management Program
The goal of the Project Management program at CBC is to equip students with sound project management knowledge and skills with practical experience in project scenarios that resemble real-world situations. Students of this program will be able to apply these project management concepts and skills in the workplace, volunteer organizations or life.
Learn to lead and manage professional projects!
Columbia Basin College’s Project Management program incorporates a hands-on practical application approach and uses experienced project management practitioner perspectives in the development and execution of the program. The Project Management Bachelor of Applied Science (BASPM) degree, the Two-year Project Management Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree and the Project Management One-Year Certificate are all internationally accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC).*
Program Level Outcomes for Project Management
Program learning outcomes are the knowledge, skills, and abilities that students will
achieve before they graduate. The outcomes below were developed by the faculty in
the Project Management program at CBC with input from accrediting bodies, advisory
committees, employers, etc. This collaboration ensures that the outcomes are relevant
for careers that this degree leads to.
Throughout the project management program, students will accomplish all five of the following Program Level Outcomes (PLOs):
- Apply project management terminology, principles, methods, and tools to deliver business value.
- Practice and promote The Project Management Institute’s (PMI) code of ethics and professional conduct.
- Demonstrate positive leadership and tailored communications throughout the project lifecycle.
- Apply behavioral, cultural, and leadership concepts (cognitive and emotional) to project organizations, teams, and individuals.
- Evaluate and deploy informed decision-making techniques to achieve project goals.
Degrees and Certificates Offered:
- Internationally accredited Project Management One-Year Certificate
- Internationally accredited Two-year Project Management Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree
- Internationally accredited Project Management Bachelor of Applied Science (BASPM) degree, with optional concentration in Construction.
Students will gain knowledge in:
- All five project management process groups (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, closing)
- Procurement management
- Quality management
- Resource management
- Risk management
- Communications management
- Contracts and legal management
- Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Emerging project management practices
- Schedule generation and management software
Curriculum design and scheduling allows new students to begin their studies during any quarter. All students begin the Project Management program by taking the Introduction to Project Management course, regardless of prior higher education experience. The introduction to Project Management has no prerequisite and is offered each quarter. The project management core courses are offered in sequences to permit coursework progression each quarter. A year-long course schedule helps with course planning.
"After becoming unemployed I decided to go back to school, and the only place I thought
of was Columbia Basin College. Because of the degree and the education that I received
at CBC, I'm making about 20 percent more than what I was making at my former job.
The support that I got from the faculty and staff in the CBC Project Management Program
was unbelievable. I have made lifelong friendships with the professors, and one of
them recommended me for a Project Management position that I have today."
Student Achievement Statistics
- Project Management One-Year Certificate Student Achievement
- Two-year Project Management Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree Student Achievement
- Project Management Bachelor of Applied Science (BASPM) degree Student Achievement
*The GAC Accredited Program seal is a mark of Project Management