Accounting at CBC
Accounting is often referred to as the language of business, because businesses in every industry need the technical and creative skills of accountants every day. Because of the wide application of accounting, accountants are in high demand. Whether you are pursuing a one-year certificate or a masters degree in accounting, there will be jobs waiting for you when you graduate!
Degrees and Certificates Offered:
- AAS in Accounting
- Accounting One-Year Certificate
- Business Associate in Arts & Sciences (AA/DTA/MRP) with a Concentration in Finance (transfers to a four-year degree)
Our degrees and certificates place an emphasis on experience including: instructors
bringing current industry practices to the classroom and students applying accounting
principles to solve real-world business issues.
Students gain experience in QuickBooks, Payroll Accounting, Accounting Systems and Income Tax Preparation.
Students will gain knowledge in:
- Foundational accounting concepts
- Introductions to business and economics
- Preparing and interpreting records and business reports
- Business planning and management
- Utilizing common business and accounting technology