We're happy you're interested in Running Start at CBC! Our admissions process is easy to complete and offers multiple measures to qualify. We encourage you to apply early and connect with your high school counselor about graduation requirements. Throughout the admissions process you'll learn everything you need to know about CBC.
Please note that fall 2020 courses will be primarily conducted online.
• There are multiple ways that you can qualify for Running Start. You can take our online Directed Self-Placement assessment or submit: Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) scores, an official college transcript, an official AP score report, unofficial high school transcripts (math only) or unofficial SAT/ACT scores (math only). You can submit any of these items by emailing email@example.com.
• If you qualify, we’ll email you an application.
• Complete the fillable PDF Application for Admission and email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll respond with your acceptance letter and information on your next steps.
3. Tune into a New Student Information Session on Zoom
• Be sure to tune into a Zoom session to receive crucial information about the program, ways to be successful and tips on registering for classes. When you register for a Zoom session, we’ll email you information on accessing the session
4. Complete your Enrollment Verification Form
• Download the fillable PDF
• Complete the student portion of the form and be sure to include your signature and your parent/guardian’s signature.
• Send your completed form to your high school counselor via email to discuss classes and get their signature.
• Your high school counselor will submit your form to Running Start for verification.
• When Running Start receives and verifies your form, the registration block on your account will be lifted within the next two business days.
5. Login and follow the Getting Start Steps
• Now that you have received your student ID number and temporary PIN, you can login to the Getting Started Steps. You will be prompted to change your PIN number, create your CBC student email account, and learn about available resources at CBC.
6. Complete Student Orientation to Advising and Registration (SOAR)
• Student Orientation to Advising and Registration (SOAR) is the final Getting Started step. SOAR is an hour-long, online presentation that will walk you through important CBC procedures and resources. It includes both video and audio, so be sure to have headphones or speakers available.
• Once you’ve completed SOAR, the second and final registration block will be removed from your account within the next 24 hours. Congratulations, you are ready for registration!
7. Register for classes, including WKSP 090 – FYI for Running Start.
• When registering for classes, make sure to register for WKSP 090 – First Year Introduction for Running Start. This is a required course, but it’s also a lot of fun!
• Most fall 2020 classes will be offered online. Make sure to consult the Class Schedule for important details. Some instructors will require specific meeting times, indicated by “Zoom” designated as the classroom in the Class Schedule.
Get Ready for School
8. Pay your quarterly fees before the tuition deadline.
• As a Running Start student, your tuition is covered by your high school, but you are still responsible for quarterly fees.
• If you are eligible for free and reduced lunch at your high school, email a copy of your lunch eligibility letter to Running Start, so that your fees can be waived.
9. Enjoy your First Year Introduction (FYI) class.
• FYI will be held online a week or two before the quarter begins. Check your schedule to see when your session begins.
10. Purchase or rent books and supplies.
• Now that you’ve registered, you’re ready to buy or rent your textbooks. To find out what books you’ll need for your classes, visit the CBC bookstore website.
11. Attend classes!
• It’s official: you’re ready to attend classes as a CBC student! Please remember the CBC community is here to help you every step of the way, so reach out if and when you need help!
Home | Campus Safety | Catalog | Campus Map | Parking Information
2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301 | PHONE 509.547.0511 | FAX Directory
© 2014 Columbia Basin College. All Rights Reserved. | Website Created by Vision Internet.