Commercial Drivers License

*Application has Closed*

Looking for a career in Truck Driving?

Columbia Basin College (CBC) is offering Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) training in partnership with T Enterprises Trucking School in Pasco, WA. In-class, lecture, instruction and drive time will take place at T Enterprises Trucking School. Students will receive training to prepare them to take the written, backing, and driving exams at the Department of Licensing. CBC will pay for 80% of tuition costs for students to obtain their CDL Class A. Students will be financially responsible for the other 20% of tuition and fees.

Student financial responsibility breakdown:

  • $990 Tuition
  • $70 Drug Test
  • $120 D.O.T Physical
  • $420 WA D.O.L Fees (permit, written test, driving test, CDL License)

Total Student Responsibility: $1600

In addition, for students who would like more practice, CBC will offer CDL simulator time in the CTE building. Before starting the CDL training at T Enterprises students will need to attend a CDL program orientation.

To qualify for a CDL, a student must:

  • Pass a D.O.T. physical (within the previous two years)
  • Obtain a negative D.O.T. drug test
  • Have a valid Washington State or Oregon State driver’s license
  • Be 18 years old or older
  • Have one of the following:
    • United States birth certificate, US passport, Work Permit with DACA,
    • Permanent Resident Card or Naturalization papers
  • You  must be able to understand and read basic English

Interested In Signing up? 

Funding for the CDL program is limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. To determine eligibility for funding, students must complete the e-form and attend the orientation session.

Please select the link ; CDL Interest Form

This CDL grant was made possible by the SBCTC.


Q: When will the application open again?

A: At this time there is no plan to open the application again as the waitlist has reached its capacity and continued grant funding is TBD.

Q: What if I already filled out the CDL Interest form?

A: If you already filled out the CDL interest form then you were automatically added to waitlist.

Q: How long is the CDL program waitlist?

A: The waitlist as of now has over 200 applicants.

Q: Will I get a spot in the CDL program if I am on the waitlist?

A: There is no guarantee for a spot in the program if you are on the waitlist. We have limited funding and therefore we cannot accept everyone who applies into the CDL program.

Q:Will I get contacted if there is a spot available in the CDL program?

A: If there is a spot in the program and you are next on the waitlist you will be contacted via email and a phone call to discuss next steps.

Q: Will I get contacted if I do NOT get a spot in the program?

A: Yes, you will be contacted via email once all spots have been allotted and no spots are available in the program.

Q: When will I be contacted to let me know if there is NOT a spot in the program?

A: You will be contacted in July/August 2024.




Students walking around CBC's Pasco campus