Commercial Drivers License
Looking for a career in Truck Driving?
Columbia Basin College (CBC) is offering Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) training in partnership with T Enterprises Trucking School in Pasco, WA. In class lecture instruction and drive time will take place at T Enterprises Trucking School in Pasco, WA. Students will receive training to prepare them to take the written, backing, and driving exams at the Department of Licensing. CBC will pay for 80% of tuition costs for students to obtain their CDL Class A. Students will be financially responsible for the other 20% of tuition and fees.
Student financial responsibility breakdown:
- $990 Tuition
- $70 Drug Test
- $120 D.O.T Physical
- $420 WA D.O.L Fees (permit, written test, driving test, CDL License)
Total Student Responsibility: $1600
In addition, for students who would like more practice, CBC will offer CDL simulator time in the CTE building. Before starting the CDL training at T Enterprises students will need to attend a CDL program orientation.
To qualify for a CDL, a student must:
- Pass a D.O.T. physical (within the previous two years)
- Obtain a negative D.O.T. drug test
- Have a valid Washington State or Oregon State driver’s license
- Be 18 years old or older
- Have one of the following:
- United States birth certificate, US passport, Work Permit with DACA,
- Permanent Resident Card or Naturalization papers
Interested In Signing up?
Funding for the CDL program is limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. To determine eligibility for funding, students must complete the e-form and attend the orientation session.
Please select the link ; CDL Interest Form
This CDL grant was made possible by the SBCTC.