Are you eligible for TRIO SSS?
You are qualified to apply for TRIO SSS if you:
- Are a U.S. citizen or registered permanent resident.
- Have been accepted for enrollment or are currently enrolled at CBC.
- Are one or more of the following:
- Financially limited (according to federal guidelines).
- A first-generation college student (neither of your parents obtained a bachelor's degree).
- A person with a documented disability.
- Demonstrate academic need.
- Have a 2.2 or higher college-level GPA.
- Are highly motivated to graduate and transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Test at the following levels in math, reading and writing skills:
- 50 or higher in math
- College-level reading
- English 99 or above
Meet the TRIO SSS team!
For the past 17 years, I have loved working in the TRIO SSS office at CBC. I feel very fortunate to be able to serve students in my role. I gratefully participated in the TRIO SSS program when I attended CBC and know firsthand the struggles first generation and low-income students face. The services we offer are so important! Being part of our excellent team and assisting our students with reaching their goals brings me great joy!
I have had the pleasure of being the TRIO SSS Retention and Transfer Specialist at CBC since 2016. As a former TRIO SSS participant and first-generation student myself, I enjoy meeting our new students and supporting their academic success! My passion is finding ways to help students help themselves—I believe education is key!
With over 21 years of experience advocating for and supporting students through federal and state grant projects at CBC, I currently serve as the Program Support Supervisor for TRIO SSS. I love working with students and especially enjoy coordinating our math and science tutors for students to receive extra help in these areas.
I am passionate about helping students reach their academic and career goals and have enjoyed fulfilling that passion by working with the TRIO SSS program since 2006. My favorite part about directing this federal grant program is the chance to get to know students on a personal basis. I count it a great honor to play a role in their journey to success!
TRIO SSS at CBC serves approximately 200 students each year and is funded at 100% by the U.S. Department of Education (Award number P042A150574).