Are you eligible for TRIO SSS?
You are qualified to apply for TRIO SSS if you:
- Are a U.S. citizen or registered permanent resident.
- Have been accepted for enrollment or are currently enrolled at CBC.
- Are one or more of the following:
- Financially limited (according to federal guidelines).
- A first-generation college student (neither of your parents obtained a bachelor's degree).
- A person with a documented disability.
- Demonstrate academic need.
- Have a 2.2 or higher college-level GPA.
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED. (Running Start students are not eligible for the SSS TRIO program.)
- Are highly motivated to graduate and transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Test at the following levels in math, reading and writing skills:
- 50 or higher in math
- College-level reading
- English 99 or above
Interested in applying for TRIO SSS? Email us for more information or get started on your application today!
Meet the TRIO SSS team!
I am passionate about helping students reach their academic and career goals and have enjoyed fulfilling that passion by working with the TRIO SSS program since 2006. My favorite part about directing this federal grant program is the chance to get to know students on a personal basis. I count it a great honor to play a role in their journey to success!
Since 2002, I have had the honor of working in the TRIO SSS office at CBC. I feel very fortunate to be able to serve students in my role. I gratefully participated in the TRIO SSS program when I attended CBC and know firsthand the struggles first generation and low-income students face. The services we offer are so important! Being part of our excellent team and assisting our students with reaching their goals brings me great joy!
I am passionate about helping students achieve their highest potential whether it be passing a difficult course, obtaining a degree, or even starting a career. As a former CBC and TRIO student, I have witnessed Student Support Services provide helpful guidance and resources to students in need to help them succeed. I am proud to be apart of this program and ready to help guide students to brighter futures!
My CBC journey began in 2008 as a Running Start student. I didn't realize then how big of an impact this school would have on me. My two-year Hawk experience ultimately instilled in me the skills, confidence, and motivation to successfully transfer to a four-year university. I'm honored to return to CBC as the Program Assistant for TRIO Student Support Services. Student success is what we're passionate about, and as the newest addition to the team, I look forward to supporting CBC students as they navigate college and prepare to transfer to four-year universities, just as I did.
TRIO SSS at CBC serves approximately 200 students each year and is funded at 100% by the U.S. Department of Education (Award number P042A150574).