- Academic advising and career counseling
- Exclusive math tutoring
- Quarterly stipend for additional college expenses ($$$)
- Financial assistance (quarterly tuition and book assistance)
- Assigned Peer-Mentor
- Cultural events and leadership opportunities
- College visits
- Laptop & Hotspot rentals
- And so much more!
You are a good match for CAMP if you have:
- US citizenship or permanent residency (DACA recipients are not eligible)
- A High school diploma or GED
- Less than 20 college level credits (including Running Start credits) and are entering your first quarter of college
- Enrolled at CBC for a minimum of 15 credits
- An intent to pursue a bachelor’s degree by transferring to a university or completing bachelor's program at CBC
- Placed into at least one of the following levels: Math 60, Reading 99 or English 98
- Participated in a Migrant Education Program previously OR
- Been a seasonal farmworker or a dependent of a seasonal farmworker OR
- Participated in or been eligible for Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Section 167
A seasonal farmworker is a person who during the preceding 24 months has worked an aggregate of 75 or more days or parts of days in which some work was performed in farm work, earned at least half of his/her income from farm work and was not employed in farm work year round by the same employer.
A migrant farmworker is a seasonal farmworker who had to travel to do the farm work so that he/she was unable to return to his/her permanent residence within the same date.
WIA Section 167 is a national customer-centered, goal-oriented farmworker program that guides participants through a holistic case management system (e.g. JTPA 402 Program, High School Equivalency Program [HEP]).
1. Apply to CBC.
2. Submit online CAMP application.
3. Email campFREECOLUMBIA_BASIN or drop off documents at CAMP office:
- Teacher Recommendation Form
- High School Transcript (unofficial transcript is accepted until accepted) or GED Scores
- Copy of Birth Certificate and Social Security Card to CAMP Outreach Specialist
- FAFSA Confirmation Page
Meet the CAMP team!
CAMP receives $2.1 million over a five-year grant cycle and is funded at 100 percent by the U.S. Department of Education. The grant is administered through Student Services at CBC.