What is Running Start?
Running Start allows academically eligible high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to earn college credit while fulfilling high school graduation requirements. Students may enroll in both high school and college classes or solely in college classes. Private school and home-schooled students are welcome to apply!
Running Start students can:
Earn their AA-DTA (Associate in Arts & Sciences Transfer Degree).
Earn up to two years of college coursework tuition free.
Study a variety of subjects not offered in high school.
Participate in advanced level courses.
Transition into a more independent learning environment.
Prepare for future career and educational opportunities.
How does Running Start work?
- Students can take daytime, evening and online classes, and can enroll full time or part time at CBC.
- Students receive both high school and college credit for completed courses.
- Students work closely with their high school counselor and CBC advisor to create a unique academic plan.
- Tuition charges are paid for by the high school. Students are responsible to pay quarterly fees and purchase or rent textbooks and supplies.
- Fee waivers are available for students who qualify for free or reduced lunch at their high school.