Medical Simulation Program
Medical Simulation in healthcare is an exciting field that provides a simulated environment
with the used of high-fidelity manikins that breath, blink, talk, bleed and sweat.
Many medical procedures can be performed on the realistic manikins in real time to
simulate the real-life experience of patient care.
CBC's Medical Simulation program is offered in collaboration with Big Bend Community College.
The Medical Simulation program prepares students for entry-level employment in simulation
centers and laboratories. Simulations are beneficial to all levels of healthcare providers,
first responders and military personnel.
Most of the content in the Medical Simulation courses are taught online with a preceptor lab option. This means that distance learners have an opportunity to complete their labs with an expert in the field in an approved location closer to their homes. In order to create an effective distance learning plan, students will need to contact the Medical Simulation coordinator or adviser as soon as possible.
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Medical Simulation
- Online course provides accessibility for long-distance learner
- Course labs are one weekend per quarter
- Many previous college credits may transfer
- The program offers excellent preparation for certification exams