Campus Safety Expectations
What is expected when returning to campus?
1. Students must report to a check-in station daily
- All students temperature will be checked using a no-touch, infrared thermometer at specified checkpoints on campus, followed by attesting to the non-presence of COVID-19 symptoms prior to class daily. Additionally, you are attesting that you do not have a family or household member sick at home with COVID-19 or a pending COVID-19 test. Please stay home if sick.
- Pasco students will report to the Main Entrance of the H Building or the North Entrance of the T Building for their screening. Richland students will report to the building with their classes. Please remember to have your student ID card ready to scan for contact tracing purposes. If you do not have your student ID card you will be able to key in your SID number. All employees will complete a self temperature check and will the complete the COVID-19 Attestation E-Form prior to coming to campus. Visitors and volunteers will scan a bar code on posted signs to complete an attestation.
- Remember if an employee or student is exposed, test positive or have symptoms they are responsible for calling Campus Security at 509-542-4777 to complete a confidential intake form for centralized evaluation. The CBC COVID-19 Flowchart and Decision Tree will determine next steps regarding returning to campus.
2. Adhere to cloth face covering requirements while on campus.
- Masks are required to be worn indoors on CBC campuses, regardless of vaccination status, unless an employee is working alone in an office. Everyone on campus is expected to wear a face covering indoors, including contractors, third-party vendors and other short-term visitors.
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals who are outdoors and maintaining social distancing.
- Make sure to cover your mouth and nose, face coverings may help reduce the spread of infectious particles into the air when the wearer speaks, coughs or sneezes. As such, everyone will be responsible for wearing face coverings combined with social distancing and hand washing to help maintain a safe and healthy learning and work environment.
3. Practice social distancing of six feet in classrooms and three feet or more around campus. Be respectful of others.
- Watch for Hawk floor decals to ensure you remain three feet apart when standing in line.
- Look for "Reserved Just for You" table top signs when sitting in a meeting or classroom spaces.
4. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If soap and water are not available, gel in and gel out! Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of hands and rub together until dry.
5. Clean and disinfect surfaces often.
- COVID-19 Cleaning Kits with proper cleaning supplies have been distributed to faculty and staff. These should be used, following established COVID-19 cleaning protocols, to disinfect highly-touched surfaces between use.
6. Check your campus emails and the CBC webpage regularly for updates!
- This situation is changing rapidly and updates to campus operations and/or procedures may be made at anytime.