Fitness Center Now Open
Requirements for the use of the Columbia Basin College Fitness Center (summer 2021)
CBC ID cards required
- Reservations are no longer required, however, this means that you must have your CBC ID to access the Fitness Center.
- For information on how to obtain your CBC ID card, please visit the Student ID card page.
- Masks are required by all visitors to the Columbia Basin College campus, including while working out in the Fitness Center.
- Masks must be worn over your nose and mouth.
- Please read, print and complete both the Fitness Center and COVID-19 waivers
- If you are unable to bring these to your first appointment, copies will be available upon your arrival.
COVID-19 Health Screenings
- Temperature and symptom screening will be completed upon arrival at the Fitness Center before each appointment.
- If you register a temperature of 100.4 degrees or more or answer yes to any of the symptoms, you will not be allowed to access the Fitness Center.
Six-Feet Social Distancing
- No group or pair workouts.
- CBC Fitness Center staff will provide spots when needed. You may need to wait to use equipment if you need a spot and all staff are occupied.
- Social distancing markers are clearly displayed throughout the facility, including the locker rooms.
Equipment Wipe Down
- You will be expected to wipe down every piece of equipment directly following use.
- Single-use disinfectant wipes are provided by the CBC Fitness Center.
Showers and Drinking Fountains Closed
- The bottle fill station is available. Please bring your own bottle.
- Locker rooms will be available for restroom and changing use only. Showers will NOT be available.
- Due to the construction of our new Student Recreation Center, normal traffic routes and parking options are not available.
- If entering from 20th Ave, park in the “South Campus Loop” parking lot.
- If entering from Argent, park in the “West H” or “P” parking lots.
- Check out the campus map for reference.
All Other Fitness Center Policies
Users not complying with these requirements will be asked to leave the Fitness Center.
We strive to make access to the Fitness Center as convenient as possible. In order to facilitate your use of our facilities:
- Get your CBC ID card with current quarter sticker
- Complete and turn in the Participant Waiver
- Review the Fitness Center Policies
What we offer:
- Extensive free-weight area stocked with dumbbells, half-rack/squat racks, Smith Machines, two Olympic platforms, bench press and much more
- Selectorized strength training machines, both plate-loaded and weight stack
- Aerobic strength training "Super Circuit"
- Cardio equipment including ellipticals, treadmills, stair steppers, rowing machines and various styles of stationary bikes
- Core training, stretching and health testing areas
- ADA compliance and accessibility for all