Perioperative Nursing Program
Advance your nursing career with specialization in surgical services! The perioperative nursing program prepares busy professionals to work in hospital and ambulatory center operating rooms with an emphasis on circulating skills, surgical sciences and operative patient safety.
Perioperative nurses are specially educated to care for patients before, during and after surgery. They work in the operating room alongside surgeons, surgical technologists, anesthesia providers and other professionals to ensure quality patient care outcomes.
- Curriculum centered on the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Fundamental of Perioperative Practice
- Surgical anatomy, operative procedures, surgical instrumentation and supplies, sterilization and infection control procedures, and technical specialty equipment
- Online didactic coursework designed to meet the needs of working professionals
- Practical skills taught in CBC’s surgical sciences lab
- Gain experience through a 165-hour clinical internship
This is a two quarter program including didactic, laboratory and clinical coursework
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) with a minimum of an associate degree in nursing
- Completed seven hours of Washington State approved HIV Bloodborne training
- Current AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers certification
- Letters of reference and essay