Taking the Placement Test
We want you to be successful at Columbia Basin College. Placement tests are designed to determine your readiness to enter college coursework.
ACCUPLACER (Reading & Writing) and ALEKS (Math) assessments are currently administered through the Assessment Center at Columbia Basin College for placement into English and Math courses.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
1. Prospective CBC Students: Complete an online admission application and receive a student ID number prior to scheduling an appointment. New students may schedule a placement test online at
columbiabasin.edu/gettingstarted or join us on walk-in Wednesday and Thursdays from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. No appointment necessary.
2. Choose a time that allows 2-3 hours to complete your exams in one session. Less time if retesting in only one or two areas.
3. Testing for a union, other institution, or not enrolling at CBC: Contact the Assessment Center to schedule using your social security number and pay a $40 assessment fee at Hawk Central (Building H). Please bring the receipt to your appointment.
4. Testing calendar to view available dates and times.
5. Study resources available for preparation.
6. Students whose scores have expired or are eligible to retake may contact the Assessment Center.
Students with documented learning and/or physical disabilities requiring testing or classroom accommodations, please call the CBC Disability Services at 509-542-4412 before scheduling a placement test.
RETAKE-EXPIRATION POLICY - Highest valid score
ACCUPLACER: Retakes - One per subject within an anniversary year. Valid for 2 years.
ALEKS: Retakes – Two within an anniversary year. Valid for 1 year.
ITEMS WE PROVIDE
1. Pencils and scratch paper.
2. ALEKS - No outside calculators permitted without prior approval through CBC Disabilities Services. An online calculator will be accessible, when permitted, inside exam delivery.
TEST DAY REMINDERS
1. Bring a valid current photo identification and arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time for check-in. No testing without proper identification.
2. Visitors, parents, spouses, friends, and/or children are not allowed to wait in the testing center.
3. Cell phones, electronic devices, and personal belongings will be collected. Food and drink are not permitted in the testing room.
4. Take your time and do your best!
Home | Campus Safety | Catalog | Campus Map | Parking Information
2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301 | PHONE 509.547.0511 | FAX Directory
© 2014 Columbia Basin College. All Rights Reserved. | Website Created by Vision Internet.