SMARTER BALANCED SCORES - FAQ
1. What is the Smarter Balanced Assessment? The new Smarter Balanced Assessment measures college and career readiness in math and English language arts.
2. How is the assessment being used at CBC? CBC and all Washington community and technical colleges have agreed to use qualifying Smarter Balanced Assessment scores for placement into college level math and English courses. See below for placement & score expiration information.
3. Do students have to take advantage of the placement opportunity offered by their Smarter Balanced scores? No, students sometimes feel unsure about their capacity to handle the pace and workload of college-level courses. We would encourage students take on those challenges and seek additional support as needed in order to avoid the time and cost of pre-college courses.
4. How does this agreement apply to Running Start and other dual-credit programs for high school students? For students who want to take Running Start or another dual-credit courses, the Smarter Balanced scores would apply just as they did for students entering college after high school.
5. How do I report my Smarter Balanced scores to CBC to be applied as placement? Deliver them to the CBC Assessment Center by fax to 509-544-2037, by email to email@example.com, or by mail or hand deliver to 2600 N 20th Avenue (MS-H-7), Pasco, WA, 99301, Pasco Campus - Building H - Room H119.
6. Do I need to submit a Reciprocity form with my scores? No.
Home | Campus Safety | Catalog | Campus Map | Parking Information
2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301 | PHONE 509.547.0511 | FAX Directory
© 2014 Columbia Basin College. All Rights Reserved. | Website Created by Vision Internet.