The HESI A2 Admission Assessment Exam is an admission requirement for all applicants to the Columbia Basin College Dental Hygiene program. The HESI A2 consists of four academic exams and a learner profile that identifies the applicant’s personality profile and learning style. This four-hour computer based exam is proctored by the CBC Assessment Center. Students are responsible for scheduling an appointment that allows them to meet the Dental Hygiene application deadline.
The HESI A2 testing window is October through February. Testers may only test once during a testing window. Total cost for the exam is $74 ($42 exam and $32 proctor fee). Dates and times are limited. See the HESI A2 Testing Schedule for availability. Follow the “Getting Started” steps below to begin registration. Students are responsible for meeting the CBC Dental Hygiene program's deadline.
Special Accommodations & Remote Testing
Individuals seeking accommodations or remote delivery are required to contact the CBC Assessment Center before scheduling an appointment. Students requiring accommodations or remote testing must submit their request no later than January 11, 2019. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for processing. Services and reasonable accommodations are available to qualified students with disabilities and are determined through documentation at the CBC Resource Center. For more information, call 509-542-5525.
What can I expect with the HESI A2 Exam?
Exam 1 - Reading Comprehension: Provides scenarios in order to measure reading comprehension, including identifying the main idea, finding meaning of words in context, and making logical inferences.
Exam 2 - Vocabulary & General Knowledge: Tests knowledge of everyday vocabulary terms, as well as vocabulary used in healthcare fields.
Exam 3 – Grammar: Assesses knowledge of basic grammar, including parts of speech, important terms and their uses in grammar, commonly occurring grammatical errors, and more.
Exam 4 - Basic Math Skills - Focuses on math skills needed for healthcare fields including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, household measures, and general math facts.
Exam 5 - Personality Profile - Uses concepts related to introversion and extroversion to classify the student’s personality style.
Exam 6 - Learning Style - Assesses the preferred learning style of the prospective applicant and offers test-taking and study tips suited for that learning style.
How can I prepare?
The “HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review - Fourth Edition” (Elsevier - ISBN 9780323353786) is the recommended study guide and is available at the CBC Bookstore, CBC Library and through a simple online search. More study materials may be found at evolve.elsevier.com.
What if I don’t pass the HESI A2 the first time?
You are only permitted to test one time per testing window - October - February. Be sure you are ready to test.
When will I receive my score?
• Upon completion of the test, your score report will be displayed and printed.
• Scores are valid for 2 years. Expiration may vary for other institutions.
• Test proctors are not permitted to interpret or advise applicants regarding HESI A2 results. Please consult your program coordinator for more information.
How do I request a copy of my HESI transcript after I have taken the exam?
For more information on requesting HESI transcripts, access your evolve.elsevier.com account dashboard.
1. Create an account at evolve.elsevier.com
2. Click “Login”
3. Click “Create Account”
4. Complete registration – “Submit”
5. Print your account information for future use and “Continue”.
6. Take advantage of resources available on the evolve dashboard.
7. Check the CBC HESI A2 Testing Schedule for a preferred test date.
8. Bring your current valid government-issued picture ID and your Elsevier user ID and password to the Assessment Center to receive a proctoring payment ticket and final instructions on scheduling an appointment.
9. Pay a $32 NON-REFUNDABLE proctor fee at Hawk Central – Building H (Hub). Payments accepted include cash, check, money order, or most major credit & debit cards.
10. Return to the Assessment Center with your receipt where you will receive final instructions for completing your appointment. A $42 HESI A2 exam fee will be paid online which includes an e-commerce fee. (You will not be guaranteed a spot until you return to the Assessment Center with your receipt and confirm a testing date.) You will be given instructions for payment, unique payment ID number and due date. All fees are subject to change and are NON- REFUNDABLE.
11. Payment ID number is only valid for one payment.
12. Remember: Exam and proctoring fees are both NON-REFUNDABLE. If you are unable to take the test, change your test day or “no show”, you will be required to register for another session and pay a new proctor fee. Elsevier exam payments are NON-REFUNDABLE and are valid until you take your test OR the current testing window closes, whichever comes first.
13. The Assessment Center will submit your HESI A2 scores to the CBC Dental Hygiene program.
14. Questions regarding program requirements may be answered by contacting the Dental Hygiene Department at 509-542-4571 or by visiting Dental Hygiene Program Requirements.
Test Day Reminders
• Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to test time for check-in. No late admission.
• Bring a current valid government-issued photo ID. No picture ID, no testing allowed, no exceptions.
• Bring your user name and password created at evolve.elsevier.com.
• Outside calculators are not permitted unless preapproved through accommodations from the CBC Resource Center. A calculator is provided inside the delivery of the HESI A2 exam.
• Pencils and scratch paper will be provided by the testing center.
• All personal belongings, including cell phones, will be stored in a CBC Assessment Center locker prior to testing. Please do not bring personal items to your appointment.
• No food or drinks are allowed in the testing room.
• Arrive early and be ready to test!
Home | Campus Safety | Catalog | Campus Map | Parking Information
2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301 | PHONE 509.547.0511 | FAX Directory
© 2014 Columbia Basin College. All Rights Reserved. | Website Created by Vision Internet.