1. Take the COMPASS Placement test.
Place into college level reading and college level math and/or English composition.
Ideally, you will take the COMPASS in March or April.
Call the CBC Assessment Center to schedule an appointment: 542-4860.
Please pay the $21.50 COMPASS Test fee at Hawk Central in the H Building.
Bring your receipt, social security number and picture ID to the test.
You will receive your results immediately.
2. Complete the CBC application.
You will be given a CBC application if you meet the requirements for Running Start.
Please complete the application and return it to Hawk Central in the H Building.
You will receive a letter in the mail after the application has been processed in early May.
3. Attend a Running Start group registration workshop.
This workshop will help you select courses for your first quarter verification form.
See our webpage for dates and times. Register early. Space is limited.
4. Take your verification form to your high school counselor.
Verification forms available online at www.columbiabasin.edu/runningstart
Make adjustments to your schedule as directed by your high school counselor.
5. Bring your signed verification form to Hawk Central.
Your registration block will be removed once CBC processes your verification form.
A verification form is required EVERY quarter.
Hawk Central will give you a Running Start Folder with SOAR information and your SID.
SOAR stands for Student Orientation to Advising and Registration.
SID stands for Student Identification Number.
6. Complete SOAR online.
Directions for SOAR are in your Running Start folder.
SOAR opens online on May 24th
Read the light blue postcard in the Running Start folder for instructions.
7. Register for your first quarter courses June 6th beginning at 7 am.
Remember to include FYI workshop in your course selection.
WARNING: Do not register for FYI 101: Register for Workshop 090.
8. If applicable, bring a copy of your free and reduced lunch letter to Janice.
9. Pay your fees either online or in person at Hawk Central by August 17.
10. Attend FYI Workshop-090 on September
FYI is a 9-hour college success workshop (Workshop 090) prior to start of the quarter.
11. Buy or rent your books.
Refer to video on CBC Running Start website: Instructions also given during FYI.
12. Attend classes.
13. Meet with Victoria Enriquez to create academic and transfer plan by contacting the Advising/Counseling center.
Home | Campus Safety | Catalog | Campus Map | Parking Information
2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301 | PHONE 509.547.0511 | FAX Directory
© 2014 Columbia Basin College. All Rights Reserved. | Website Created by Vision Internet.