Courses in Intercultural Studies offer students the opportunity to do in-depth studies of the major issues and aspects of other cultures, thus broadening their global awareness and encouraging a better understanding of their own culture.
After completing a course of study in Intercultural Studies, successful students should be able to demonstrate the following outcomes:
1. Cultural Self-Awareness (Knowledge Objective): Students will be able to articulate insight into their own cultural rules and biases.
2. Knowledge of Other Cultural Frameworks (Knowledge Objective): Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of other cultures in relation to their history, aesthetics, values, politics, communication styles, economy, or beliefs and practices.
3. Verbal and Nonverbal Communication (Skill Objective): Students will have the ability to navigate cultural differences in verbal and nonverbal communication and skillfully communicate with respect and civility towards others with different points of views
4. Empathy (Skill Objective): Students will be able to Interpret intercultural experience from the perspective of more than one worldview and demonstrate an ability to recognize the feelings of other cultural groups.
5. Cultural Curiosity (Skill Objective): Students will be able to ask complex and respectful questions of other cultures and seek answers to these questions from multiple cultural perspectives.
6. Cultural Openness (Skill Objective): Students will be able to Initiate and develop interactions with culturally different others without imposing their own value systems.
Home | Campus Safety | Catalog | Campus Map | Parking Information
2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301 | PHONE 509.547.0511 | FAX Directory
© 2014 Columbia Basin College. All Rights Reserved. | Website Created by Vision Internet.