1. Register for the Challenge at www.imleagues.com/columbiabasin. You will need to create a free account and sign up for the Winter Wellness Challenge.
2. Pick up your workbook. After you register on IMLeagues, you will receive information on how to pick up the workbook. They will be available at the following locations: Fitness Center, Student Activities/ASCBC office (upstairs HUB), Student Rec and Wellness office (L010B).
3. Complete all the tasks- following the instructions and requirements in the workbook.
4. Turn in your workbook for verification of completion
5. Pick up your prizes!
• Five (5) completed tasks – Drawstring Sport bag
• Eight (8) completed tasks – Drawstring Sport bag and Aqua Pearls Hot/Cold Pack
• All 10 completed tasks- CBC Student Recreation and Wellness water bottle (as well as both prizes listed above)
o Everyone who completes all 10 tasks will also be entered into a drawing for a $500 tuition waiver! (thank you CBC Foundation)
For any questions regarding the instructions and the Wellness Challenge in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellness Challenge task list
1. Use the CBC Fitness Center 1 time (for a minimum of 30 minutes each visit)
2. Use the CBC Fitness Center 4 times
3. Use the CBC Fitness Center 7 times
4. Participate in a Student Recreation and Wellness activity (intramurals, bowling, trivia night)
5. Attend one of the wellness-oriented or “Student Success” lectures/workshops. Click here for schedule and details.
6. Research a health/wellness related article, focused on a topic that you’re interested in. Email a copy or link to the article to email@example.com, along with a short, 1-2 paragraph write-up discussing what the article is about and why you chose it.
7. Answer each of the wellness questions. There will be a question sent out each week via email (as well as posted on the Student Recreation and Wellness webpage). Please answer each question in your workbook in the appropriate spot.
8. Give up an unhealthy habit- This can be any habit that you personally feel is an unhealthy, bad habit that you would like to kick. In the space provided in your workbook, please explain what habit you are giving up, and why you feel the need to do this. For a few examples, visit- https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/10-bad-habits-and-the-best-ways-to-quit-them/
9. Healthy Diet- Keep a food journal to track your diet for at least 5 consecutive days using the space provided in your workbook. While keeping track of what you’re eating, visit www.choosemyplate.gov, and use the “Choose My Plate” diagram to compare your diet to what is recommended for a complete, nutritious diet. After reviewing this information, please take each quiz associated with the different food groups (www.choosemyplate.gov/quiz)
10. Importance of Sleep- Keep a sleep journal for one week using the space provided in your workbook. The National Sleep Foundation recommends adults get at least 7 hours of sleep per night. For information on the importance of getting adequate sleep for your overall health and wellness, as well as tips for maximizing your sleep, please visit www.sleep.org
REMINDER: The CBC Fitness Center is now open to ALL currently enrolled students! Starting 2018 Winter Quarter, any currently enrolled student may access the fitness center, even if they are not enrolled in the PE course. Prior to using the facility, students are required to review fitness center policies and complete a waiver. You must bring your CBC ID card EVERYTIME you work out. Your CBC ID card is needed to check in/out of the fitness center. Fitness center hours are as follows (unless otherwise posted):
For any questions regarding all student access to the Fitness Center, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home | Campus Safety | Catalog | Campus Map | Parking Information
2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301 | PHONE 509.547.0511 | FAX Directory
© 2014 Columbia Basin College. All Rights Reserved. | Website Created by Vision Internet.