Policy & Procedure
Columbia Basin College students must initiate withdrawal from a course by submitting
a Schedule Change form to Records before the quarterly deadlines.
The 10th day roster verification process establishes CBC's tenth day enrollment
data and fulfills federal requirements for returning Financial Aid funds. It
is, therefore, the responsibility of faculty members to verify 10th day class roster
information prior to each quarters specified deadline. Faculty members
will access the 10th day roster from Instructor Briefcase; NO
hard copies of the 10th day roster will be accepted.
10th Day Procedure
- Prior to the 10th day of each quarter, the registrar will email the roster verification
procedure to all faculty members specifying the deadline to complete the 10th day
- Faculty members will access the 10th day roster for verification through the Instructor Briefcase (IBC) and verify
enrollment per instructions.
- Faculty members will verify 10th day roster information as follows:
- Review instructor's name, class line number, day and time of the class,
course title and credits. Email any appropriate course corrections to
your division secretary.
- Using the "10th day roster submission" link within IBC, indicate only those students who appear on the roster who
have NEVER ATTENDED CLASS. These student(s) will be withdrawn
by the registrar.
- It is the student's responsibility to complete the appropriate paperwork
to add a class. Therefore, please refer any student attending class and who does
not appear on the roster to Records.
- Instructors must verify 10th day enrollment. A participation report
will be emailed to the dean of the division.
- Instructors must report to the registrar any student attending class who does not
appear on the roster. Please email or contact at
Pat Campbell (ext. 2761) or
Donna Korstad (ext. 2241).
Excessive Absences after 10th Day
A faculty withdrawal request may be initiated by a faculty member for excessive
absences on or before the 40th day of the quarter by submitting
an Faculty Withdrawal eForm to the registrar. (For summer session
and alternate class schedules, contact Records for withdrawal deadlines (Policy,
current Catalog)). The request MUST INCLUDE the attendance policy statement
that appears in the class syllabus and the attendance report for the student being
withdrawn. The request must be routed to and approved by the dean of the division
through the Faculty Withdrawal eForm process.
For questions or comments about this page, please contact
Associate Dean of Enrollment, 509-542-4761